Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Blocking Moving Platforms  (Read 3322 times)

XionGaTaosenaiTopic starter

• Crewmate
    • View Profile
Re: Blocking Moving Platforms
« Reply #20 on: August 2, 2013, 07:08:50 AM »
Finally got it working the way I wanted. Thanks for the help!

Info Teddy

• Ultra Captain
    • View Profile
Give me all the credit for actually wanting to do this.
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2017, 09:09:44 PM »
No, I don't think so, but they only work in very specific configurations of the platforms, and only sideways I would assume.
I haven't tested this throughtely, but I know they works - BTV6 used them in the original SS area of the level until I lost the work on it very early in development, and didn't bother to fix it again (and then ended up forgetting all about it..). But basically, when you enter the room, which may have a quicksand platform and a moving platform where you want it to be and run (internally) this on room load:

destroy(platforms) # to destroy the existing moving platform - it is there to avoid a flickering platform when going into the room. Yes, in this very situation, this command actually does what it's supposedto.
createentity(movingplatformx,movingplatformy,2,15,speed)

Make sure that the x and y is *precisely* to the left or the right of the disappear platform, or the script will break. Yes, 1 pixel counts too.
* Create the moving platform moving right at the left of the quicksand platform (in the level editor). Make sure it's going right, NOT left.
* Set platform bounds inside some walls, 2x2.
* Create an internal script loader covering the entire room
* Create an internal script with the following content:

script:
say(3)
destroy(platforms)
createentity(64,40,2,15,3)
loadscript(stop)
text(1,0,0,4)

* Now, it will work as you want to.
(Keep in mind tht the moving platform will completely ignore the quicksand platform if you recreate it by dying, but even in the main game, dying with these platforms are a bit glitchy - especially in the Prize for the Reckless room)
I could only get this to work when the move type (15) was actually set to 14, not 15. 15 just makes the platform stay still in place and do nothing.