Distractionware > Ved

i dont know if this is a bug with vvvvvv or a bug with ved but im reporting it

(1/3) > >>

Klar:
When I make a level that uses ONLY the grey Warp Zone tileset, and opens with an internal script, for some reason, when I open the level in VVVVVV, all the entities in the starting room (and possibly further, I'll test) disappear! And that means I have to place a Start Position and Script Box linking to the load script every time I want to test a level! I'm using version 1.1.4(source).
[/rant]

Dav999:
Can you send me the level file? I can't seem to reproduce it with what you said.

Do the entities still show up in Ved after saving or do they disappear, and if so, when do they disappear?

Klar:
The entities still show up in VED.
It's worse than I imagined.
If you have a level that does NOT use the grey warp zone tileset but warps in the starting room, then all entities there will disappear. If you have a level that does use the grey tileset and starts with an internal script, same thing.
Weird.
Also, I encountered something weird.
It happened continuously with other grey tileset levels of the same second criteria...
But for the problem level attached to the post, it doesn't.
Weird.
i use weird too much
P.S i like to give test levels weird names dont judge

Info Teddy:

--- Quote from: Klar on 30 Sep 2017, 09:23 ---When I make a level that uses ONLY the grey Warp Zone tileset, and opens with an internal script, for some reason, when I open the level in VVVVVV, all the entities in the starting room (and possibly further, I'll test) disappear! And that means I have to place a Start Position and Script Box linking to the load script every time I want to test a level! I'm using version 1.1.4(source).
[/rant]
--- End quote ---
>i dont know if this is a bug with vvvvvv or a bug with ved but im reporting it
Hey just a tip, don’t title bug reports this, it’s very uninformative and doesn’t exactly instill confidence in anyone reading it that it’s a problem with Ved. And if you aren’t sure, then test and make sure before posting anything.

Anyways, we seriously can’t reproduce this. And given that VVVVVV has hilarious differences between platforms, please post your OS.

On Linux with VVVVVV’s latest build, without touching the level at all with Ved and manually setting the tilecol to 6, I cannot get VVVVVV to magically make the entities disappear. And creating the level in Ved gives the same result, too.

Dav999:
If the two levels you posted originally contained entities, and now they were unexpectedly removed, then that does sound worrying, but I've placed entities and internal scripts in both those levels and nothing bad happened.

Are you able to reproduce this yourself, or was it a one-time thing? If you can reproduce it, could you give very detailed instructions of every step we should take and what you see (preferably with only one possible interpretation) and/or screenrecord it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version