Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bugtesting Contest  (Read 8324 times)

FIQ

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: Bugtesting Contest
« Reply #20 on: June 3, 2013, 12:54:04 PM »
Special Thanks to: (insert people who didn't do anything)

would be the best way to go imo.

toos turTopic starter

• tOLP Contributor
  • Captain
  • fuck
    • View Profile
    • assholes
« Reply #21 on: June 4, 2013, 09:58:42 AM »
List of bugs I don't know how to fix:

• Lack of checkpoint in Overworld that prevents music glitches. One way to fix it is to change the music to the lab song a bit further in the room and reduce the chance of instant dying (a bit annoying in general) (Somnirespiratory Flux)

• In script downloadgold + downloadgold2 (terminal for script is in 13,19), Vita spawns too low, inside of the platform! This is because the platform was made bigger on the left side. SOLUTION: Make Vita spawn higher in downloadgold2 (SomniRespiratory Flux, Nicholashin)

• Faces get glitched when moving to the left (wrapping to the right side of the room) after the cutscene in A Crew Of Their Own (1,5) (SomniRespiratory Flux)

• Viridian vanishes if you try taking the top path in the first Split room (5,9). Start in (7,10), like you would during normal playthrough (and ignore the Viridian-which-should-be-Valso if you do that) (SomniRespiratory Flux)

• Leaving Spilt then entering again will lead to disappearance of Viridian. (Split starts at 5,9) (Nicholashin)

• The checkpoint cannot be touched by Viridian as companion, but I'm sure this is just engine's limitation. Not really a bug, but it's better to put the checkpoint at the ceiling instead (Nicholashin)

• If you die after Viridian's comment on paths really splitting……you will become Viridian as Valso's gone. Then, you enter Intersection, seeing yourself transforming to Valso. [Not verified] (Nicholashin)

• When you beat the Us rooms again (in the Valso Split area), I notice that the save menu now includes a part to warp back to the ship, causing weird things. What? :o Not verified btw. (Nicholashin)

• Sinkhole (5,8) sometimes seems to wrap, but it's because of the gotoroom in the checkpoint script which may sometimes change the room back if you're already in the next room (the checkpoint and room edge are one Villi-length apart). SOLUTION: Make the script box for vc5_8 in Sinkhole one tile wide instead of two, so it's not too close to the room border anymore. Nicholashin reported that Confusion contains wall glitches too. (SomniRespiratory Flux again, Nicholashin)

• In the tests to get the Gold Keycard, the "invisible checkpoints" can make some tests (Wrapping and Enemies?) behave weirdly. Oddly, it might make both easier, rather than impossible, like it might be feared with something like this. (I didn't test this, but SomniRespiratory Flux reported it)

• Major: most people will probably report this: If you activate the cutscene in the research area where everyone gets teleported back to the ship, there's the black screen of death! SOLUTION: Make script 'moveplayerleft_load' in (7,18) be one tile wide instead of six, and have it still touch the right side of the screen. (SomniRespiratory Flux yet again, Nicholashin)

• One of the terminals in the secret lab isn't working (in 6,20). SOLUTION: Add research to it, or remove it. (SomniRespiratory Flux, Nicholashin)

• Due to a lack of flags, many scripts repeat: "For instance, the ones in Escape Hatch, cutscene on Violet in 'Wrapper' and 'What was that' in the Lab. The one that really affected gameplay, though, it's the power cell one. After Unfair Token, I became Viridian….. Yet, if I go to the direction of trinket,the cutscene repeats and I become Valso again, and have to do the hard Us rooms again to activate the cutscene in Unfair Token AGAIN" (Nicholashin)

• Enemy de-synchronization, for example in 'R-U-R-R-L-U-L-D-R is the Answer.' (20,4), 'Crumbly Cracking Complete Coundrum' (20,2) and 'Debris of Destiny' (13,4) (Nicholashin)

• "Wrap" instead of "warp". SOLUTION: Find and replace all wraps with warps. But be careful, you might break things if you use a find and replace function in a program! (Nicholashin)

• The checkpoints also lead to several minor problems. In 'Narrows' and 'Expect the Worst', you can die as you successfully activate the checkpoint. Not verified. (Nicholashin)

• Enemies can get stuck in quicksand in 'Test of Enemies'. "Now, you can't fix this, but enemies leak to the place below the quicksand. Without quitting, I will need to pray for the enemies alignment above quicksand can allow me to pass. (They did, BTW)" (Nicholashin)

• 'Checkboard' lacks a warp line, which can cause all kinds of problems. Not verified. (Nicholashin)

I think you'll have to do it, Dav.  :shrug2:

Dav999

• Administrator
  • Hyper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 4, 2013, 10:57:11 AM »
I think you'll have to do it, Dav.  :shrug2:

Everything? :-\

toos turTopic starter

• tOLP Contributor
  • Captain
  • fuck
    • View Profile
    • assholes
« Reply #23 on: June 4, 2013, 11:10:17 AM »

Dav999

• Administrator
  • Hyper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 4, 2013, 11:28:19 AM »
Right, fixed some bugs!

• Lack of checkpoint in Overworld that prevents music glitches. One way to fix it is to change the music to the lab song a bit further in the room and reduce the chance of instant dying (a bit annoying in general) (Somnirespiratory Flux)

• In script downloadgold + downloadgold2 (terminal for script is in 13,19), Vita spawns too low, inside of the platform! This is because the platform was made bigger on the left side. SOLUTION: Make Vita spawn higher in downloadgold2 (SomniRespiratory Flux, Nicholashin)

• The checkpoint cannot be touched by Viridian as companion, but I'm sure this is just engine's limitation. Not really a bug, but it's better to put the checkpoint at the ceiling instead (Nicholashin)

• Sinkhole (5,8) sometimes seems to wrap, but it's because of the gotoroom in the checkpoint script which may sometimes change the room back if you're already in the next room (the checkpoint and room edge are one Villi-length apart). SOLUTION: Make the script box for vc5_8 in Sinkhole one tile wide instead of two, so it's not too close to the room border anymore. Nicholashin reported that Confusion contains wall glitches too. (SomniRespiratory Flux again, Nicholashin)

• Major: most people will probably report this: If you activate the cutscene in the research area where everyone gets teleported back to the ship, there's the black screen of death! SOLUTION: Make script 'moveplayerleft_load' in (7,18) be one tile wide instead of six, and have it still touch the right side of the screen. (SomniRespiratory Flux yet again, Nicholashin)

• One of the terminals in the secret lab isn't working (in 6,20). SOLUTION: Add research to it, or remove it. (SomniRespiratory Flux, Nicholashin)

Download for v232/0.1: http://www.mediafire.com/download/68544bqq71gr4qv/open_v232_(0.1).vvvvvv

toos turTopic starter

• tOLP Contributor
  • Captain
  • fuck
    • View Profile
    • assholes
« Reply #25 on: June 4, 2013, 12:23:45 PM »

Dav999

• Administrator
  • Hyper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 4, 2013, 12:47:46 PM »
Let's make it a bugfixing contest :P

Dav9996
ToasterApocalypse1

toos turTopic starter

• tOLP Contributor
  • Captain
  • fuck
    • View Profile
    • assholes
« Reply #27 on: June 4, 2013, 12:48:42 PM »
Let's make it a bugfixing contest :P

Dav9996
ToasterApocalypse1

i added like 5 things that was nothing to do with bugs

Dav999

• Administrator
  • Hyper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 9, 2013, 10:34:21 AM »
Right, 234b (0.3.1)!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/r4u0j1m83099yai/open_v234b_(0.3.1).vvvvvv

It's a subversion of 234/0.3, because 234/0.3 contains all the fixes, then in 234b/0.3.1 I replaced certain "wrap"s with "warp"s. I don't think it would cause any problems, but anyway, I still have the 234/0.3 file. I expected to find like 100 instances of "wrap" but there were only 9. :viridian: If I would have Replace All'd everything you would get words like "warpping" and "Warpper"... :') (I left the room name "Wrapper" the same, because "Warper" would have a completely different meaning I think)

toos turTopic starter

• tOLP Contributor
  • Captain
  • fuck
    • View Profile
    • assholes
« Reply #29 on: June 9, 2013, 11:20:30 AM »
235! http://www.mediafire.com/view/4e33x9qc0gwldsr/open.vvvvvv
I fixed 2 bugs, one was on the list, one was connected to one. Also tweaked 'Clueless' in the lab.

Dav999

• Administrator
  • Hyper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 9, 2013, 12:32:35 PM »
Fixed some Viridian-disappears-in-Split bugs! :viridian:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/i5mmic52cehoaed/open_v236_(0.5).vvvvvv

We're finally making progress today! :viridian:

toos turTopic starter

• tOLP Contributor
  • Captain
  • fuck
    • View Profile
    • assholes
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2013, 05:28:38 AM »

Dav999

• Administrator
  • Hyper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2013, 05:46:47 AM »
Quote from: Changelog
* Dav's "moveplayerleft" script
broke the end script. The screen
stayed faded. So, I simply reduced
the walk from 50 to like 10/20 or
so. It works now.

Uh, didn't I already fix that in 0.1 by changing the width of the script box? :shrug2:

toos turTopic starter

• tOLP Contributor
  • Captain
  • fuck
    • View Profile
    • assholes
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2013, 05:54:52 AM »
Quote from: Changelog
* Dav's "moveplayerleft" script
broke the end script. The screen
stayed faded. So, I simply reduced
the walk from 50 to like 10/20 or
so. It works now.

Uh, didn't I already fix that in 0.1 by changing the width of the script box? :shrug2:

When I tested it in v236, the credits wouldn't start. It would just be a black screen.

Dav999

• Administrator
  • Hyper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2013, 08:36:50 AM »
Major update! I fixed all remaining bugs, so the level is ready to be released! :cviridian: :cvictoria: :cvermilion: :cvitellary: :cverdigris: :cviolet: :cvalso: :cverisix: :cviel: :cvaelyn: :cvoon:

238/1.0: http://www.mediafire.com/download/pjlkfafmb6m2xvr/open_1.0.vvvvvv

Hejmstel

• tOLP Contributor
  • Super Captain
  • Formerly "Doormat"
    • View Profile
    • youtoot chunnel
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2013, 08:44:05 AM »
Major update! I fixed all remaining bugs, so the level is ready to be released! :viridian: :cvictoria: :cvermilion: :cvitellary: :cverdigris: :cviolet: :cvalso: :cverisix: :cviel: :cvaelyn: :cvoon:
omgwtfbbq is this really happening

Yay! Now I just have to find the time to play it