Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mobile version  (Read 5357 times)

Dav999Topic starter

• Administrator
  • Hyper Captain
    • View Profile
Mobile version
« on: 12 Jun 2014, 04:56 (9 years and 9 months ago) »
Who else has already bought the iOS version of the game? :)

Let's start by discussing what type of control everyone likes best. Personally I switch between D-pad and swipe occasionally, the swipe option takes getting used to, the D-pad feels like something I'm used to even though I sometimes accidentally press the left button when I mean to press the right button. I also died a couple of times in Veni Vidi Vici with D-pad controls, and then did it in one go with swipe controls. But I'm still not fully adjusted to swipe controls, I guess it depends on which challenge you're facing.

FIQ

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: Mobile version
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jun 2014, 07:13 (9 years and 9 months ago) »
Are you able to import desktop levels or is it like the 3DS version in that regard? Was there any featured levels beyond 2.0-2.1 (Dimension Funland and VR Training comes to mind as levels that Terry explicitly said he liked a lot)

Dav999Topic starter

• Administrator
  • Hyper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jun 2014, 07:23 (9 years and 9 months ago) »
At time of writing it's just the old featured levels, sorted by spikyness. There's no option to import levels as far as I can see. Though I haven't tried doing that via iTunes yet, but that's probably not supported.

The levels menu has a new design though.
Show content
« Last Edit: 12 Jun 2014, 07:27 by Dav999 »

FIQ

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 Jun 2014, 08:54 (9 years and 9 months ago) »
Found a bug - when Popular Potpurri is supposed to play, Piercing the Sky plays instead. This includes the jukebox, and the ending. May or may not be related to the slight reordering that happened between 1.2 and 2.0 of the music resources.

Terry

• Crewmate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.distractionware.com
« Reply #4 on: 12 Jun 2014, 08:59 (9 years and 9 months ago) »
Found a bug - when Popular Potpurri is supposed to play, Piercing the Sky plays instead. This includes the jukebox, and the ending. May or may not be related to the slight reordering that happened between 1.2 and 2.0 of the music resources.

Ah, that's actually deliberate - it's just on android  :-[ Android has a 50MB apk limit, so to fit the game in that I had to cut one of the songs.

There are workarounds to split an apk in two, but for the moment that's the easiest solution that didn't break anything and let me launch everything on time. Might fix it later in a patch.

FIQ

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 Jun 2014, 09:05 (9 years and 9 months ago) »

Ah, that's actually deliberate - it's just on android  :-[ Android has a 50MB apk limit, so to fit the game in that I had to cut one of the songs.

There are workarounds to split an apk in two, but for the moment that's the easiest solution that didn't break anything and let me launch everything on time. Might fix it later in a patch.
Makes sense, but maybe you should have changed the song title at least? :P (Jukebox still refers to it as Popular Potpurri)

Also, in case you patch it w/o adding Popular Potpurri, I personally would suggest playing Pipe Dream @ ending (like the Kongregate version does), and change the title of the unlockable to Piercing the Sky, and redirect Popular Potpurri plays in custom levels (like the end of A New Dimension) to Pipe Dream
« Last Edit: 12 Jun 2014, 09:22 by FIQ »

Dav999Topic starter

• Administrator
  • Hyper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 Jun 2014, 14:05 (9 years and 9 months ago) »
After completing the game and loading your save, Piercing The Sky plays in the ship. I don't remember that happening in other versions, just wondering if that's intentional or a bug.

FIQ

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 Jun 2014, 14:07 (9 years and 9 months ago) »
After completing the game and loading your save, Piercing The Sky plays in the ship. I don't remember that happening in other versions, just wondering if that's intentional or a bug.
Well, taking into consideration that Piercing the Sky is "Popular Potpurri" - yes, the game does that.

blue441

• Professor
  • Signature last changed on: 28/6/2014
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 Jun 2014, 15:16 (9 years and 9 months ago) »
Well, taking into consideration that Piercing the Sky is "Popular Potpurri" - yes, the game does that.

Wait, he said "After completing the game and loading your save"... shouldn't Passion for Exploring play? If there were no changes in terms of songs in the main game (Except replacing Popular Potpurri with Piercing the Sky in Android version) then it's a bug.

FIQ

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #9 on: 12 Jun 2014, 15:17 (9 years and 9 months ago) »

Wait, he said "After completing the game and loading your save"... shouldn't Passion for Exploring play? If there were no changes in terms of songs in the main game (Except replacing Popular Potpurri with Piercing the Sky in Android version) then it's a bug.
Pretty sure 1.2 always did this, but I can try on the Kongregate version again.

yellow

• tOLP Contributor
  • Professor
  • quit w
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12 Jun 2014, 17:55 (9 years and 9 months ago) »
DTTHW with touch controls is a nightmare

EDIT : did it
picture
« Last Edit: 12 Jun 2014, 18:05 by AYellowPerson »

FIQ

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #11 on: 12 Jun 2014, 18:02 (9 years and 9 months ago) »
DTTHW with touch controls is a nightmare
Actually I find the swiping controls really nice to use. It's harder than gamepad or keyboard, but way better than touch D-pad. Did DTTHW on first try.

Dav999Topic starter

• Administrator
  • Hyper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 14 Jun 2014, 02:55 (9 years and 9 months ago) »
Meanwhile, on the Super Gravitron leaderboards:

blue441

• Professor
  • Signature last changed on: 28/6/2014
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 14 Jun 2014, 03:27 (9 years and 9 months ago) »
It's very obvious the first 2 are hacked XD. Now that I think of it, why do people do it if it's that obvious that it's fake? The number of huge times will grow anyway... unless... can Terry delete scores? I think he can for Super Hexagon, so...

The real #1 (or what seems to be the real #1) does in nearly 5 minutes, for now. IIRC the WR of the computer version was like 7 minutes (420 seconds).

Chillius Bowser

• Banned
  • Professor
  • [ Abandoned account ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 14 Jun 2014, 05:43 (9 years and 9 months ago) »
While on Chillius's Tablet: BLACK SCREEN EDTION

hope it can be fixed :\
I don't want to have £1.99 down the drain.

Dav999Topic starter

• Administrator
  • Hyper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 14 Jun 2014, 06:01 (9 years and 9 months ago) »
How much free storage space do you have left?

Chillius Bowser

• Banned
  • Professor
  • [ Abandoned account ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 14 Jun 2014, 07:25 (9 years and 9 months ago) »
Like 6GB

Dav999Topic starter

• Administrator
  • Hyper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 14 Jun 2014, 07:50 (9 years and 9 months ago) »
What version of iOS are you using?

Chillius Bowser

• Banned
  • Professor
  • [ Abandoned account ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 14 Jun 2014, 09:10 (9 years and 9 months ago) »
none because i have le android version.

Dav999Topic starter

• Administrator
  • Hyper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 14 Jun 2014, 09:18 (9 years and 9 months ago) »
Oh, I didn't even know the Android version was out yet, I thought it was just iOS for now :P

I have no idea then, sorry. Maybe Terry knows?

Also, I've found a bug in the mobile version. I have all 20 trinkets, but the jukebox still says "NEXT UNLOCK: 20 Trinkets  Pipe Dream", and the song isn't available.